Friday, May 31, 2013

DIY Flip Flop Wreath

Today I have a special summer project for you! After being inspired by Pinterest (of course), I decided to make my own flip flop wreath! I created a spring wreath in March, and I realized the other day that I still had it hanging on my bedroom door. So, I decided to make a more seasonal one to hang up. Here is my Pinspiration:

You can find these pins here, here, here, and here.
Follow me on Pinterest here.

For this project, you will need a medium-sized wreath form, six pairs of flip flops (the smallest size available- mine were XXS), a roll of duck tape that matches one of the flip flops, a hot glue gun, and a bouquet of fake flowers (all the same type).



To start off, wrap the entire wreath form in duck tape.


 

Next, cut six flowers off of the bouquet. Cut as close to the flower as possible.



Select one flip flop from each pair, making sure they are all either left or right shoes (I used right). Then, hot glue gun a flower to each of the six flip flops.


Finally, arrange all of the shoes equally around the wreath and hot glue them down. Secure some tulle for hanging the wreath up.


And there you go... a flip flop wreath!

No comments:

Post a Comment