Sunday, June 9, 2013

DIY Makeup Brush Holder (+ How to Clean the Brushes)!

Before I made this project, I kept my makeup brushes piled up in a drawer. Now, they are all in perfect view so I can choose which ones to use. I'm not sure where I first heard about this idea, but I've seen it various places across the web.

For this simple organizer, you will need a clear container (I used a crystal bowl), a bag of filler beads (can be purchased at craft stores), and your brushes!



All you have to do is pour the beads into the bowl, and then stick your brushes in!


The beads keep the brushes standing up straight. And there you go- a (very) simple makeup brush holder!


If you use your makeup brushes regularly, you should also wash them regularly to keep them clean and free of bacteria. I clean mine about once a week. To do this, I bring them into the bathroom and rub soap through the bristles. Then, I ring the brush out and place it on a tissue to dry overnight.


*Have a fantastic week!*

No comments:

Post a Comment