Wednesday, March 20, 2013

DIY Easter Wreath

While reading an HGTV magazine the other day, I was inspired by this absolutely adorable Easter wreath!

From HGTV Magazine on Pinterest
 
So, I decided to make my own! The original wreath called for ribbon all around, but I substituted two different kinds of fleece instead. I used a solid green fleece and a green-and-white polka dot fleece.
 

Using a rotary cutter with scalloped edges, I cut out lots and lots of fleece strips that were 8 inches long and 1 inch wide.




I ended up with a heaping pile of green fleece strips.


Next I started tying the strips onto a wooden wreath form (can be purchased from craft stores) using square knots.

Step 1
 
 
Step 2
 
 
I alternated between the polka dot felt and the green felt. After tying every strip, I pushed it very close to the one beside it, so none of the wreath form showed.
 


After all of the strips had been tied on!
 
Next, using this tutorial, I created a tulle bow.
 

The wreath form had little holes in it, so I found one and pulled a loop of tulle through it to make a hanger. Then I hot-glued the bow to the hanger.

Finally, I hot-glued four of these adorable little guys ($1.99 for six at Michael's) all around the wreath.

And here's the finished product! What do you think?
 
Happy Spring!






No comments:

Post a Comment