Sunday, August 11, 2013

Summer Fashion Class

Last week I took a fashion design class where we repurposed old clothing and created stylish new pieces. It was a blast, and today I'm going to share what I made!

First off, I made these lace trimmed-shorts out of an old pair of denim shorts. Check out the tutorial that I posted here.


Next, I made this summer-time tube top using this website. I used an old blue t-shirt, and added a panel of purple to each side.


I also transformed an old pair of plaid Bermuda shorts by cutting and hemming them.


I took a very large men's long-sleeve dress shirt and fitted it to myself, creating a tank top. The instructor helped me a lot with this project, but you can find out how to do it using a website like this.

Finally, I made this drawstring bag using squares from an old t-shirt. You can find instructions here. To create the design, I made a stencil out of iron-on paper, painted over it, and then peeled the stencil off.



 *** Happy Sunday! ***

No comments:

Post a Comment